Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Missed A Day

Whoops. Mondays are easily misplaced for me. I work from 10a-6p, and yesterday I had rehearsal from 6:30-10 and then I just crashed out. Sorry. I worked a double today and those lines aren't going to memorize themselves so something had to be sacrificed.

But remember: I already failed National Bloggers Whateveritsshits because I started on Nov. 2, so no loss! Hooray!

I have a habit of telling people I'm busy. Then when they ask me what I'm up to the conversation seems to be far too short for someone who is truly busy. Maybe I'm not really that busy, but I thought I'd take a moment to tell you what I'm doing in life lately:

Job One: I'm a little smitten with this one. I work in a locally owned yarn shop with two other lovely ladies. All day Monday, half day Tuesdays, teaching some classes and maintaining the website and monthly e-mails from my home. It's really awesome. Today I talked to a woman about different yarns and gave her a 45 minute tour. Of a 200 sq foot space. It was fantastic. I also taught a woman how to splice, bind off and knit two socks at the same time from the toe-up. Knitterly friends, you may be yawning, but we all know how impressed non-knitters are by the simplest little techniques.

Job Two: Seasonal work at a fancy lady store. This place is wonderful, the ladies (and two gents out of 35 employees) that work there are lovely and sweet. I'm averaging a pretty pathetic amount of hours, but the discount is great and the environment is heavenly. I will say though, that every time I work there I feel like I'm at a very rich, distant, relatives house where I'm supposed to be seen and not heard and for God's sake don't touch anything!

Job Three: Is about to come to a close. The ESMP and myself are resident teachers of the theater elective at a pretty hip charter school. While many of you may be terrified at the prospect that I'm allowed to help shape the young minds of tomorrow because of this and more likely this. But I do teach. Often, actually. It's my bread and butter throughout the summer and it helps me scrape by during the Fall. And it's amazing. I don't particularly love children (that I'm not related to), but I do love what I do and the sheer, unabashed enthusiasm that kids bring into everything.

Non-job One: Breadcrumbs. It's the play I'm working on every night. I'll go into it more at another time.

Non-job Two: Finding another Job, for when Job Three runs out.

Non-job Three: Christmas. Handmade. I'd like to do 100% handmade Christmas, but we'll see if I'm talented enough for that.

Non-job Four: Variety Show directing.

Non-job Five: Is me calming myself down after I've realized I've taken on too much again and am broke again and am behind on Christmas again.

That's it.

To the line memorizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment