Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Post For Hannah


Okay, it's not really just for Hannah, but she was the one to make the request. So following is everything I knit in the year 2011, not necessarily in order, but I'll leave the Christmas gifts for last.

Side note: Please excuse the formatting. I've yet to really figure out how to format photos in an elegant way on this...
 
Fingerless mitts for me, Sweet little hat, stylish driving cap for my Dad's Birthday

Smoking Gloves for the ESMF, Easy Scarf because my neck was cold, Little silk and alpaca bandanna for the same reason.


 Fluffy hat, Stripey scarf, Sweet convertible mittens





 Fancy red hat, Silly braided cable and pom-pom hat, Driving cap for the ESMF



 Felted cat bed, red pom-pom hat and... ANOTHER red hat.

 A LOT MORE HATS! The two on the far left wound up being shop samples, both Louisa Harding designs and yarn. The top center was a blue hat for a friend who was feeling so. Bottom center was a delicious beret I was supposed to teach a class on but no on signed up and the right two are the same patter, the top for me, the bottom for my friend Bronwyn, who reacted exactly how one should to a spontaneous hand-knit gift.

 Owlet sweater for my nephew.



 A little bunny for my friend at work who waited tables until she was eight and a half months in, Hortense, perhaps you remember him from earlier posts, and an ostrich for my nephew's birthday.











My first ever shawl, and my first selfish sweater.


And Christmas:









 From top left: Mittens for my nephew, Scarf for my Dad (which I did finish, I just didn't get photos of), Mitts for my friend Kelly, A sweater for my sister, Slippers for the yarn store owner, Mitts for the ESMF's sister.




Driving cap for my brother in law, a dress for my mother, which came out shockingly well, and a baby surprise jacket for the not-so-surprise baby that arrived on New Years Eve.
The un-photographed: A camera cozy for D's camera, another two Star Crossed Slouchy Berets, one out of Malabrigo Twist in Azul Profundo and another out of Madelinetosh Vintage but in Tart (for my boss at the shop) Two HowlCats both in Madelinetosh Vintage and Tosh Sock (for not-so-chilly anymore boys, one of them THIS DUDE. Also, I still want to take pictures of you guys in those, so know that!). Another Ostrich that has yet to be gifted, also in Malabrigo Twist. Also, a hat for the ESMF's (other) little sister.

Which means!
Hats: 19 hats
Hand Toasters: 6
Toys/Stuffed Animals: 4
Sweaters: 4 (but two baby sweaters)
Dress: 1 (Super awesome)
Neck Accessories: 5
"Other": 2

41 F.O.'s in 2011. I don't have a mileage calculator, but I'm thinking about setting that up.

SO! All in all, a pretty productive year of knitting. Lots of hats. I love hats. I love hats real hard. I'm working on another one right now, actually. Also on the needles is a HUGE post-Christmas selfish knit. It will be a work of awesome when I get it done, and I will gloat heartily, so don't worry about missing out.

If you happen to have any questions about what pattern I use (they are all from patterns) or what yarn I used, or which yarn I preferred for a specific project (I knit the same thing sometimes, it makes me feel like I'm an awesome knitter) feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

1 comment:

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL... SO SATISFYING!!!
    Thank you very much!
    Inspired... Now to work on my just started felted cat bed- I've made one long ago and the 4 felines are fighting over it. I might have 3 more in my future.

    ReplyDelete