Sunday, October 30, 2011

In Which I Attempt to Lighten the Mood

It has come to my attention as of late that most every post I've made has been a bit of a downer. I had a specific post planned for today but it too, is a on the cloudy side of things. So I'll save that for another day, and today, we're going to go over everything that was awesome about my week.

First and foremost. This:
His name for now is Hortance.
I made a new friend at work. Literally. Knitting stuffed animals is my favorite distraction. First of all, obviously, they're adorable. Secondly, there's something a bit gruesome in the construction (sewing on eyes, and sometimes limbs) that I love. And yes, that is my bicycle in the background, and yes, I do plan on taking Hortance for a ride in my giant basket soon.

Next:
Yeah. I spent a Sunday Meat Ballin'.
I've been making soups.
Orzo always reminds me of maggots. But I eat and love it anyway.
Remarkabley successful soups.
I don't need a wedding for Italian Wedding.
They're amazing, delicious, cheap, freezable and pretty low on the dishes count (a major factor in my cooking considerations). I think ninety percent of my meals this week came from the two batches of soup I made last weekend. Me vs. Poverty: 1-0.

(I should note here, that making meatballs always sounded like a ridiculous amount of hassle and gross-ness to me. After actually doing it, I think it's AWESOME. The eggs are actually grosser than the meat, but once I got the hang of rolling them up, I was quite impressed with myself indeed.)

And this:
This is pretty much her attitude all the time.
I am not a crazy cat lady, but I like my cat, for bein' a bitch. She talks a lot. She walks on my boobs in the mornings. She talks a LOT. She swats at my feet when I walk by her. She only purrs or lets you pet her when she wants something. But she does make the apartment look nice just by being in it, she's not a total attention whore, she makes me happy just by being there. And she takes the five to six empty death threats a day like a champ.

So there's my dose of happy. I'm going to attempt about two blog posts a week next month, only because I hear it's national Blog month (what does that even mean?) and being new to the whole blogosphere stuff, I figure I might as well just plunge right in.

Here's to a lovely month.

No comments:

Post a Comment