Thursday, November 24, 2011

Being Full of Thanks (and food)

I don't usually indulge in the cheeseyness that often accompanies the holidays, but I feel the need to acknowledge positive things in my life with great gusto these days, (and I love making lists. Rarely complete them, or even remember to take them to the store with me, but I love making them). So! Here we go; with GUSTO!

Things For Which I Am Thankful
(in no particular order)

My job(s). Though lacking in hours, they really do each have their own particular brand of rewarding-ness. The yarn store is a bit self-indulgent, sure, but I love helping people with their knitting and reminding the occasional re-born knitter how to cast on. The kids I teach are loud, annoying, and, well, kids. They're pretty incredible though, they pick up on things quickly, are really creative and clearly, very interested in the subject matter. Then there's my third job (!!!!) the cast of Shakespearience Macbeth was notified last week, and I was one of the lucky members. That's right kids, that's full-time employment for myself starting January 4th 2012, and it's pretty much one of the coolest jobs ever. More on the description of this job later... Much more, actually a whole new blog devoted to it, so keep your eyes peeled.

Yarn. I could ramble on about the loveliness of this stuff for years, but I won't burden my non-knitterly readers with that... YET.

My bed. Try to sell me any fancy thing you like, but my bed is awesome. I've been rockin' the super classy mattress on the floor for over a year now and there is still no bed like one's own bed. Although, thanks to a super awesome friend (see later on the list) I will soon have a bed, a box spring, a frame AND a headboard, for free! Yay!

Showers. I should really be more environmentally conscious on this front, but I love a good, long, hot shower.

Pie.

My family. All in good health? Check. All a little weird? Check. All in one place for Thanksgiving? Check. New members in production? Check. Myself not involved in new-member-production? Double-check!

Wine.

Holiday travel. I can complain about it all I want but I really do enjoy traveling. I feel glamorous and important, even if it's stressful and tiring...and with a less-than-glamorous-looking-me.

My Silly Cat.

My friends. Inspiring. Nice-smelling. Positive. Intelligent. Talented. Generous. Attractive. Thoughtful. Funny. Supportive. Amazing. Make me feel like one lucky mo-fo.

My best friend.

My Extra-Special-Man-Friend.

Being lucky enough to call the last two on the list the same person.

There is, indeed, much, much more that I am neglecting to mention. So just to be safe. Let's make a shout-out to miscellaneous thanks! Thanks... things! And.... Stuff! (Think autumn colors, strangers smiling in a non-creepy-way, nice smells, you know).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment